Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!
|1960 CADILLAC 6200
The 1960 Cadillacs exhibited a smoother, more subtle rendition of the styling
theme introduced one year earlier. General changes included
Series 6200 base models had
- a full width grille
- the elimination of pointed front bumper guards
- increased restraint in the application of chrome trim
- lower tailfins with oval shaped nacelles, which enclosed stacked taillights and backup lamps
- front fenders mounted directional indicator lamps
Four-window (4W) and six-window (6W) sedans were offered again. The former featured a one-piece
wraparound backlight (rear window) and flat-top
roof, while the latter had a sloping rear window and roofline. Standard equipment on 6200 models included
- plain fender skirts
- thin three-quarter length body side spears
- Cadillac crests and lettering on short horizontal front fender bars mounted just behind the headlights.
Added extras on convertibles included power windows and Two-Way power seats. Technical highlights were
- power brakes
- power steering
- automatic transmission
- dual backup lamps
- windshield washers and dual Speed wipers
- wheel discs
- outside rear view mirror
- oil filter.
Interiors were done in
- finned rear drums
- a vacuum operated automatic-releasing floor controlled parking brake
- tubular X-frame construction.
Convertibles were upholstered in Florentine leather single or two-tone combinations or monochromatic Cardiff
- blue or gray Cortina cord or turquoise
- Persian Sand
- or black Caspian cloth with Florentine vinyl bolsters.
- Motor serial numbers took the same form used in 1959 with the first pair of symbols changed to "60" to
indicate 1960 model year.
- The applicable codes were stamped in the same locations on cars.
|Model Number||Style Number||Body Type||Seating||Factory Price||Shipping Weight||Production Total|
|60-62K||6229K||4-door, 6-Window Sedan||6||5080||4805||26,824|
|60-62K||6229K||Export, 6-Window Sedan||6||5080||4805||36|
|60-62A||6239A||4-door, 4-Window Sedan||6||5080||4775||9,984|
|60-62G||6237G||2-door Hardtop Coupe||6||4892||4670||19,978|
|60-62( )||62||Chassis only||-||-||-||2|
- The Export six-window sedan was shipped in CKD (crated knock down) form to foreign countries.
- All sedans were pillarless hardtop sedans.
- V-8 Overhead valves.
- Cast iron block
- Displacement: 390 cubic inches
- Bore and stroke: 4.00 x 3.875 inches
- Compression ratio: 10.5:1
- Brake horsepower: 325 at 4800 rpm
- Five main bearings
- Hydraulic valve lifters
- Carburetors: Carter two-barrel Model 2814S
The 345 horsepower Eldorado V-8 with three two-barrel carburetors was $134.40 extra installed in any other
- Air conditioning on Series 62 ($474)
- Air suspension ($215)
- Autronic Eye ($46)
- Cruise Control ($97)
- Door guards on two-door ($4); on four-door ($7)
- Electric door locks on two-door ($46); on four-door ($70)
- E-Z-Eye glass ($52)
- Fog lamps ($43)
- Automatic heating system on Series 62 ($129)
- License plate frame ($6)
- Six-Way power seat ($85-113) depending on style number
- Power window regulators ($118)
- Power vent windows ($73)
- Radio with rear speaker ($165); with rear speaker and remote control ($247)
- Remote control trunk lock ($59)
- White sidewall tires, size 8.20 x 15 four-ply ($57 exchange); size 8.20 x 15 six-ply ($64)
- Anti-freeze -20° F. ($8); -40° F. ($9)
- Accessory Group "A" included whitewalls, heater, radio and E-Z-Eye glass for $402 extra and air
suspension, cruise control and Eldorado engine at regular prices
- Accessory Group "B" included air conditioner
- Whitewalls, heater, radio and E-Z-Eye glass at $876 extra and Six-Way power seat, power vent windows and
power windows at regular prices
- Gas and oil delivery charge was $7 and district warehousing and handling charges averaged $15
May 12/00; March 8/03
Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!