Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!
|1977 CADILLAC SEVILLE
Seville had been the first production American car to offer a 350 cu. in. electronic-fuel-injected engine as
standard, and it returned for 1977. Sensors fed engine data back to an on-board analog computer under the dash,
which in turn signalled the eight injectors how to meter the fuel charge from the constant-supply fuel rail. Added
this year were standard four-wheel power disc brakes, a retuned suspension system, and Butyl rubber body
mounts. Other standard features included
- variable ratio power steering (16.4 to 13.8)
- front and rear stabilizer bars
- 15 in. wide-whitewall steel-belted radial tires
- automatic level control
Seville entered the model year wearing a new vertical grille, rectangular quad headiamps, and new amber
parking/signal lamps. A total of 21 body colors were offered (15 standard and six extra-cost Firemist), plus 16
color-coordinated Tuxedo Grain padded vinyl tops (including metallic colors). Painted metal tops were also
available, but most customers chose vinyl. A new Scan button on the AM/FM signal-seeking stereo radio allowed
sampling of each station for six seconds. Seville's front end was similar to full-size Cadillacs, but the grille used
only three horizontal divider bars and many vertical bars, forming vertical "holes." That tight grille pattern was
repeated between the license plate holder and bumper guards. Four amber-lensed parking/signal lamps sat below
the quad rectangular headiamps, with large cornering lamps on fender sides. Cadillac's crest was on the rear
pillar; a Seville nameplate on front fenders between door and wheels. On the hood was a stand-up wreath/crest
On the option list: wire wheel covers. Standard upholstery was smooth Dover cloth in claret, black, light gray,
dark blue, medium sage green, light yellow-gold, light buckskin, or medium saffron. Optional was Sierra Grain
leather in ten colors (including white). Standard fittings included
A chime warned that seat belts weren't buckled. Concealed wipers worked with a Controlled Cycle system. Body
finishing used extensive hand work. Large-diameter Pliacell-R- shock absorbers were the same as those on the
Cadillac limo. Bolts were epoxy-encapsulated to prevent loosening.
- power windows and door locks
- tilt/telescope steering wheel
- individual rear reading lamps
- automatic parking brake release
- a new seat/shoulder belt combination
|Model Number||Style Number||Body Type||Seating||Factory
Price||Shipping Weight||Production Total|
Note 1: In addition to amount shown, 1,152 Sevilles were built in Canada.
- 90-degree, overhead valve V-8
- Cast iron block and head
- Displacement: 350 cu. in. (5.7 liters)
- Bore & stroke: 4.057 x 3.385 in.
- Compression ratio: 8.0:1
- Brake horsepower: 180 at 4400 rpm
- Torque: 275 lbs.-ft. at 2000 rpm
- Five main bearings
- Hydraulic valve lifters
- Electronic fuel injection (speed-density, port-type)
- Built by Oldsmobile
- VIN Code: R
- Wheelbase: 114.3"
- Overall length: 204.0"
- Height: 54.6"
- Width: 71.8"
- Front Tread: 61.3"
- Rear Tread: 59.0"
- Standard tire: GR78 x 15-B SBR wide WSW
- Transmission: Turbo Hydra-matic transmission standard on all models; column shift
- Gear ratios: (1st) 2.48:1; (2nd) 1.48:1; (3rd) 1.00:1; (Rev) 2.07:1
- Standard axle (final drive) ratio: 2.56:1, with 3.08:1 optional (std. high altitude)
- Salisbury type rear axle
- Steering: variable-ratio, power assisted
- Front suspension: independent coil spring, link-type stabilizer
- Rear Suspension: Hotchkiss leaf spring, link-type stabilizer
- Automatic level control
- Brakes: four-wheel disc
- HEI electronic ignition
- Fuel tank: 21 gal.
Heavy-duty cooling system ($43)
- 80-amp alternator ($47)
- California emission equipment ($70)
- Limited slip differential ($61)
- High altitude pkg. ($22)
- Trailering pkg.: ($43)
- Astroroof for full vinyl roof ($938)
- Astroroof (painted) ($1043).
- Sunroof for full vinyl roof ($742)
- Sunroof (painted roof) ($846).
- Cruise control ($111).
- Controlled-cycle wipers ($30).
- Rear defogger, grid-type ($83).
- Six-way dual comfort power seat adjuster, passenger ($107-$138)
- Six-way power driver's seat adjuster ($99).
- Power passenger 50/50 seat with six-way adjuster ($197-$248)
- Driver's 50/50 seat recliner ($110)
- Tilt/telescope steering wheel ($109).
- Automatic door locks ($101).
- Illuminated entry system ($56).
- Fuel monitor ($28).
- Theft deterrent system ($123).
- Trunk lid release and power pull-down ($61-$73).
- Twilight Sentinel ($51).
- Guidematic headlamp control ($58).
- Remote-control right mirror ($32).
- Lighted thermometer on left mirror ($26).
- Lighted vanity mirror ($47).
- AM/FM stereo radio w/tape player ($100).
- AM/FM stereo radio w/CB ($230).
- Signal-seeking/scan AM/FM stereo radio ($156).
- Firemist paint ($153).
- Door edge guards ($8-$12).
- License frame each ($7).
- Leather seats ($235-$252).
- Twin floor mats ($13-$28)
- Trunk mat ($10).
- Turbine-vaned wheel covers ($49)
- Wire wheel covers ($176)
May 12/00; March 8/03
Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!