Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!
|1979 CADILLAC SEVILLE
- Carried over with only modest trim changes, Sevilles got a retuned suspension to improve their ride, plus new
- Nameplates moved from the upper right of the grille to the upper left, and that grille had a tighter
pattern than before.
- The grille's pattern of vertical crosshatch slots was repeated in twin insets in the front
- Standard engine remained the 350 cu. in. (5.7-liter) V-8 with electronic fuel injection, now rated 170
- The diesel version introduced at mid-year was offered again.
- Sevilles destined for California
received the three-way catalytic converter with closed-loop electronic controls, previously used only on other GM
- Bodies could have 14 standard colors, with seven Firemist colors available.
- Interiors came with new
solid and striped Dante and Roma knit fabrics in six colors, or 11 shades of Sierra Grain leather.
- Either the
Tuxedo Grain padded vinyl roof (in 17 colors, including metallics) or a plain metal top were offered at the same
- Options included the new digital trip computer and signal-seeking radios.
- Cadillac's catalog claimed that
Seville had been chosen "one of the ten most beautifully designed production cars of the last 50 years." The
special edition Elegante came in two-tone Slate Firemist and Sable Black, with accent striping and full-length
side moldings with etched black grooving, plus a painted metal roof.
- Elegante was identified by a Cadillac
wreath and crest as well as script nameplate.
- Standard were chrome-plated wire wheels with long-laced spokes.
Seating areas and door panels had perforated leather inserts with suede-like vinyl trim, with leather-trimmed
- The Dual Comfort 40/40 seats had storage pockets and an integral fold-down center armrest.
for 1979 was plush fur-like Tangier carpeting.
- Elegante's price tag was $2735.
|Model Number||Style Number||Body Type||Seating||Factory
Price||Shipping Weight||Production Total|
|Feature||Base engine||Diesel engine|
|Type||90-degree, overhead valve V-8. Cast iron block and head.|
|Displacement||350 cu. in. (5.7 liters)|
|Bore & stroke||4.057 x 3.385 in.|
|Brake horsepower||170 @ 4200 rpm||125 @ 3600 rpm|
|Torque: 270 lbs.-ft. @ 2000 rpm||225 lbs.-ft. @ 1600 rpm|
|Fuel supply||Electronic fuel injection|
- Wheelbase: 114.3 in.
- Overall length: 204.0 in.
- Height: 54.6 in.
- Width: 71.8 in.
- Front Tread: 61.3 in.
- Rear Tread: 59.0 in.
- Standard Tires: GR78 x 15-B SBR wide WSW
- Transmission: Three-speed Turbo Hydra-matic transmission column shift.
- Gear ratios: (1st) 2.74:1; (2nd) 1.57:1; (3rd) 1.00:1; (Rev) 2.07;1.
- Standard axle ratio: 2.24:1
- Steering: recirculating ball.
- Front suspension: independent with ball joints and coil springs, stabilizer bar.
- Rear suspension: Hotchkiss 56 in. leaf springs, five leaves, link stabilizer
- Electronic level control
- Brakes: four-wheel disc
- HEI electronic ignition
- Fuel tank: 19.6 gal.
- 5.7-liter diesel V-8 engine ($287)
- Heavy-duty cooling system ($49)
- 80-amp alternator ($54)
- Engine block heater ($21)
- California emission equipment ($83-$150)
- Limited slip differential ($70)
- High altitude pkg. ($35)
- Trailering package ($49-$103)
- Seville Elegante ($2735)
- Seville Elegante w/Astroroof ($3873)
- Seville Elegante w/sunroof ($3663)
- Astroroof (w/full vinyl roof): ($998).
- Astroroof (painted): ($1163).
- Sunroof (full vinyl roof): ($798).
- Sunroof (painted roof): ($953).
- Cruise control ($137).
- Rear defogger, grid-type ($101).
- Six-way Dual Comfort power passenger seat adjuster ($125-$160).
- Power driver's seat recliner ($122).
- Power passenger seat recliner with six-way adjuster ($221-$280).
- Tilt/telescope steering wheel ($130).
- Automatic door locks ($121).
- Fuel monitor ($31).
- Trip computer: ($920).
- Theft deterrent system ($137).
- Opera lamps: ($66).
- Guidematic headlamp control ($91).
- Trumpet horn ($22).
- Electric remote left mirror w/thermometer ($90).
- Lighted thermometer on left mirror ($28).
- Lighted vanity mirror, passenger ($52).
- Electronic-tuning seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio with 8-track tape player ($195); w/8-track and CB ($480);
w/cassette ($225); w/CB ($380).
- Two-tone paint, partial Firemist ($361).
- Firemist paint ($171).
- Front bumper reinforcement ($9).
- Door edge guards ($13-$20).
- License frame: each ($10).
- Leather seating area ($330-$350).
- Carpeted rubber front floor mats ($33-$36); rear $16).
- Trunk mat ($13).
- Turbine-vaned wheel covers ($59)
- Aluminum wheels ($350)
- Locking wire wheels: ($569-$628).
- Locking wire wheel covers ($189-$292).
May 12/00; March 8/03
Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!