Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!
|1982 CADILLAC SEVILLE
"With styling imitated but never equalled, Seville is an American standard for the world." So claimed Cadillac in
its full-line catalog for 1982. Little change was evident this year, but there was a new standard powerplant under
the hood: the lightweight HT-4100 aluminum-block V-8. The idea of a standard diesel engine hadn't lasted long.
Seville's chassis carried new shock absorbers and rear springs, along with the familiar four-wheel independent
suspension and electronic level control. Optional wire wheel covers had a locking device; aluminum alloy wheels
were available at no extra cost.
Standard interiors used Heather cloth in a choice of five colors, or leather in stitched seating areas (eight colors).
A full cabriolet roof became available in black, white or dark blue diamond-grain vinyl. That option gave Seville
the look of a convertible sedan -- at least from a distance. The available Touring suspension included
P225/7ORl5 steel-belted radial tires, large-diameter front and rear stabilizer bars, altered power steering that gave
more feedback, stiffer front torsion bar and rear spring rates, and increased shock absorber valving.
Limited-edition Elegantes, with a package price of $3095, used a sweeping two-tone French curve to accent the
burnished and bright full-length bodyside moldings. Sail panels carried the "Elegante" script nameplate. Elegante
also had accent striping and a stand-up wreath/crest hood ornament. It came in three two-tone color
combinations, including Desert Dusk Firemist over Brownstone. Elegante interiors used tucked leather in seating
areas, in three Sierra Grain colors. Steering wheels wore matching leather trim, and the console was
|Seville (V-6 / V-8)||6K||S69||4-dr Sedan||
6||$23,269 / $23,434||3731 lb||19,998|
FACTORY PRICE AND WEIGHT NOTE: Figures before the slash are for
which was actually a $165 credit option; after slash for standard gasoline
V-8. Diesel V-8 was also available.
|Feature||Base Engine||Optional #1||Optional #2|
|Type||90-degree, overhead valve V-8||90-degree, overhead-valve
overhead valve V-8|
|Block||Aluminum block w/cast iron liners||Cast iron block||Cast iron
|Head||cast iron head||Cast iron head||Cast iron head|
|Displacement||249 cu. in. (4.1 liters)||252 cu. in. (4.1 liters)||350 cu. in. (5.7
|Bore & stroke||3.465 x 3.307 in.||3.9565 x 3.40 in.||4.057 x 3.345
|Brake horsepower||125 at 4200 R.P.M.||125 at 4000 R.P.M.||105 at 3200
|Torque||190 lbs.- ft. at 2000 R.P.M.||205 lbs.-ft. at 2000 R.P.M.||200 lbs.-ft. at
|Fuel supply||Digital fuel injection||4-bbl.||Fuel Injection|
|Overall length||204.8 in.
|Width||71.5 in. max.
|Front Tread||59.3 in.
|Rear Tread||60.0 in.
|Standard Tires||P205/75R15 SBR wide WSW
- Transmission: Four-speed overdrive automatic (THM325-4L)
- Ratios: (1st) 2.74:1; (2nd) 1.57:1; (3rd) 1.00:1; (4th) 0.667:1; (Rev) 2.07:1.
- Standard final drive ratio: 3.15:1 except diesel, 2.93:1
- Steering: recirculating ball; power assist
- Front suspension: torsion bar and link stabilizer bar
- Rear suspension: independent trailing arm, coil springs, electronic level control
- Brakes: four-wheel disc
- Fuel tank: 20.3 gal. exc. 22.8 w/diesel, 21.1 w/V-6
- 4.1 liter V-6 engine ($165 credit)
- 5.7 liter diesel V-8 engine ($179-$351)
- Altitude emissions pkg.: diesel or 4.1 V-8 (NC)
- Engine block heater: ($26)
- 100-amp alternator ($48)
- FE2 touring suspension: ($109)
|CONVENIENCE / APPEARANCE
- Astroroof ($1195)
- Electronic cruise control ($175)
- Rear defogger w/heated outside mirrors ($150-$198)
- Automatic door locks ($145)
- Remote-locking fuel filler door ($56)
- Garage door opener ($140)
- Illuminated entry system ($76)
- Digital instrument cluster: ($229)
- Dual Comfort front seats w/six-way power passenger seat adjuster ($413)
- Memory driver's seat ($180)
- Six-way power passenger seat: ($197)
- Power passenger seat recliner w/six-way power seat: ($282)
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel rim ($95)
- Tilt/telescope steering wheel ($169)
- Theft deterrent system ($179)
- Guidematic headlamp control ($93)
- Electric remote-control outside mirrors ($98)
- Twin lighted vanity mirrors ($136)
- Electronic-tuning seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio with 8-track tape player ($225)
- Electronic-tuning seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio with 8-track and CB ($515)
- Electronic-tuning seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio with cassette and symphony sound system ($290)
- Triband antenna ($45)
- Two-tone paint: ($590)
- Firemist paint ($229)
- Bodyside molding ($61)
- Door edge guards ($18-$27)
- License frame ($13)
- Leather seating area ($498-$680)
- Carpeted rubber floor mats: front ($41-$43)
- Carpeted rubber floor mats: rear ($24)
- Trunk mat ($20)
- Aluminum wheels: (NC)
- Wire wheel covers ($298-$375)
- Puncture-sealing tires ($130-$175)
May 12/00; March 8/03
Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!