Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!
Cimarron's new crosshatch grille had a bolder look, but kept the Cadillac
script at lower left corner. The new front end was evidently designed with
a V-6 in mind -- but that wouldn't be available just yet. The fuel-injected
2.0-liter four remained standard, with five-speed manual gearbox or
optional three-speed automatic. Three new stripe insert colors (white,
red, orange) were offered for bumper rub strips, end caps and bodyside
moldings; plus gold for the Cimarron d'Oro. Foglamps introduced in 1983
continued as standard. A new rear-end lighting arrangement used horizontal
upper red stop/taillamps, accented with flush-mounted winged Cadillac
crest ornamentation. New amber turn signal lamps and more dominant white
backup lamps were below the red tail/stop lamps. Interiors were now
available in combinations of leather and cloth. Pushbutton heat/vent
controls now had accent lights. A 24-position click-stop temperature
control lever allowed more precise settings. Optional cruise control now
included acceleration/deceleration capability. Cimarron prices began
|1984 CADILLAC CIMARRON
The special edition Cimarron d'Oro, introduced during 1983, was available
again with distinctive Sable Black body, highlighted by goldtone accents
that replaced all the body chrome. D'Oro also sported black bumpers,
headlamp bezels, rip rail and window reveal moldings, wheel opening and
rocker panel moldings, and door handles. Goldtone touches included the
grille; a lay-down "Cadillac Cimarron" hood ornament; accent stripes on
hood center, body beltline, bumper rub strips and bodyside moldings;
"D'Oro" fender plaques; Cimarron trunk lid script; a "2.0-Liter Fuel
Injection" plaque on the trunk lid; and winged Cadillac crest
ornamentation on taillamps. Gold also tinted the steering wheel spokes
and horn pad emblem. In an effort to attract younger motorists to the
black/gold small Caddy, radio commercials played an upbeat jingle
promoting the "Cimarron touch."
|Cimarron (Four)||6J||G69||4-dr Sedan||5
- Inline OHV. Four-cylinder. Cast iron block and head.
- Displacement: 121 cu. in. (2.0 liters).
- Bore & stroke: 3.50 x 3.15 in.
- Compression ratio: 9.3:1.
- Brake horsepower: 88 at 4800 R.P.M.
- Torque: 110 lbs.-ft. at 2400 R.P.M.
- Five main bearings.
- Hydraulic valve lifters.
- Throttle-body fuel injection.
- VIN Code: P
- Wheelbase: 101.2 in.
- Overall length: 173.1 in.
- Height: 52.0 in.
- Width: 66.5 in.
- Front Tread: 55.4 in.
- Rear Tread: 55 2 in.
- Standard Tires: P195/7OR13
|Feature||Standard Transmission||Optional Transmission|
|Transmission||Five-speed, floor shift manual transmission||Turbo
|Gear ratios||(1st) 3.92:1; (2nd) 2.15:1; (3rd) 1.33:1; (4th) 0.92:1; (5th) 0.74:1; (Rev)
3.50:1||(1st) 2.84:1; (2nd) 1.80:1; (3rd) 1.00:1; (Rev) 2.07:1|
|Standard final drive ratio||3.83:1||3.181:1|
|Steering||power rack and pinion|
|Front suspension||MacPherson struts, anti-roll bar|
|Rear suspension||semi-independent trailing arm, coil springs, anti-roll bar|
|Brakes||front disc, rear drum|
|Fuel tank||13.6 gal.|
- 5.7-liter diesel V 8 engine (NC); N/A limousine or Cimarron.
- California emission equipment ($99).
- Engine block heater ($18-$45).
- Heavy-duty battery: Cimarron ($26); others ($40).
- 100-amp Alternator ($50) Except Cimarron.
- H.D. radiator: Cimarron ($40).
- Three-speed automatic transmission: Cimarron ($320).
- Limited slip differential: limousine ($120).
- Heavy-duty ride package: DeVille/Brougham ($319).
- FE2 touring suspension: Eldorado/Seville ($115).
- Cimarron D'Oro ($350).
- Seville Elegante ($3879).
- Brougham d'Elegance: cloth seating ($1250); leather ($1800).
- DeVille d'Elegance ($1150).
- Cabriolet roof: DeVille/Eldorado coupe ($420).
- Full cabriolet roof: Eldorado/Seville ($995).
- Eldorado Biarritz ($3395).
- Eldorado Touring Coupe ($1975).
- Vista Vent w/rear tilt ($300).
- Electronic cruise control ($175)
- Power windows ($260)
- Power door locks ($175).
- Power trunk release ($40)
- Garage door opener ($165); retainer ($25)
- Tilt steering wheel ($104)
- Six-way power driver's seat ($215); both seats ($430).
- Twilight Sentinel ($79)
- Twin lighted vanity mirrors ($95)
- Seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio w/cassette ($203)
- Delete radio ($151 credit)
- Power antenna ($60)
- Door edge guards ($25).
- License frame ($12)
- Decklid luggage rack ($100)
- Cloth upholstery ($100 credit).
- Carpeted rubber floor mats: front ($38); rear ($22)
- Trunk mat ($18).
- Whitewall tires ($55).
May 12/00; March 8/03
Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!