Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!
For the first time since the famed '76 Eldorado ragtop, Cadillac offered a
convertible: the new and posh Biarritz. Its rear side windows raised and
lowered automatically with the power top, and it contained a glass back
window. Convertible bodies came in three colors: Cotillion White, Hatteras
Blue, and Autumn Maple Firemist. Each had a white diamond-grain vinyl top,
glass rear window, and color-coordinated headliner. Reinforced frame rails
and crossmember braces and a bolstered body structure added the necessary
strength and rigidity.
|1984 CADILLAC ELDORADO
Convertibles had the following:
The revived Biarritz convertible carried a hefty opening price tag: $31,286.
That was nearly triple the cost of a '76 Eldorado ragtop when it was new.
- specific wide bright door and fender accent moldings;
- decklid accent striping;
- Biarritz script nameplate;
- wire wheel covers
- special Biarritz multi-button tufted seat design
- leather-wrapped steering wheel rim
- plus Cadillac's theft deterrent system
Eldorado coupes started at a more modest $20,342. Eldorado's grille
this year was vertically accented with a bright Cadillac script nameplate in
the lower left corner. Rectangular headlamps sat above clear park/signal
lamps. Appearance changes included the following: new car-colored bodyside
moldings, new low-gloss black door trim bezels, instrument panel bezels,
and air conditioning outlets. Base Eldorados had a new leather seat trim
design. Other additions:
The coupes had a cabriolet vinyl top with glass rear window, brushed
stainless steel roof cover, and opera lamps. Extended-range rear speakers
became standard, except on the Delco/Bose sound system.
- an improved theft-prevention system,
- new dashboard bezels,
- suspension refinements,
- improved stereo performance,
- a new glow-plug system in the optional diesel V-8 engine
The standard 4.1-liter V-8 engine added a new exhaust system, while the
Oldsmobile diesel was not offered in convertibles (or in California). The
Touring Coupe was again available, with a distinctive "Eldorado Touring
Coupe" cloisonne hood surface and sail panel ornaments. Also included:
Touring Coupes came only in Sable Black or Sonora Saddle Firemist.
- black-finished windshield window reveal moldings quarter window
channel moldings and wipers
- body-colored headlamp and taillamp bezels and wheel opening moldings
- large ribbed rocker panel moldings
- aluminum alloy wheels
|Eldorado (V-8)||6E||L57||2-dr Coupe||6
|Feature||Basic Gas Engine||Optional Diesel Engine|
|Type||90-degree, overhead-valve V-8. Iron/aluminum alloy block; cast iron
head.||90-degree, overhead valve V-8. Cast iron block and head.|
|Displacement||249 cu. in. (4.1 liters)||350 cu. in. (5.7 liters)|
|Bore & stroke||3.47 x 3.31 in.||4.057 x 3.385 in.|
|Brake horsepower||135 at 4400 R.P.M.||105 at 3200 R.P.M.|
|Torque||200 lbs.-ft. at 2200 R.P.M.||200 lbs.-ft. at 1600 R.P.M.|
|Fuel supply||Digital fuel injection||Fuel Injection|
- Wheelbase: 114.0 in.
- Overall length: 205.4 in.
- Height: 54.3 in.
- Width: 70.6 in.
- Front Tread: 59.3 in.
- Rear Tread: 60.6 in.
- Standard Tires: P205/75R15 SBR wide WSW
- Transmission: Four-speed overdrive automatic (THM325-4L)
- Ratios: (1st) 2.74:1; (2nd) 1.57:1; (3rd) 1.00:1; (4th) 0.667:1; (Rev) 2.07:1.
- Standard final drive ratio: 3.15:1 except diesel, 2.93:1
- Steering: recirculating ball; power assist
- Front suspension: torsion bar and link stabilizer bar
- Rear suspension: independent trailing arm, coil springs, electronic level control
- Brakes: four-wheel disc
- Fuel tank: 20.3 gal. exc. 22.8 w/diesel
- 5.7-liter diesel V 8 engine (NC)
- California emission equipment ($99).
- Engine block heater ($18-$45).
- Heavy-duty battery: ($40).
- 100-amp Alternator ($50)
- FE2 touring suspension: ($115).
- Cimarron D'Oro ($350).
- Seville Elegante ($3879).
- Brougham d'Elegance: cloth seating ($1250); leather ($1800).
- DeVille d'Elegance ($1150).
- Cabriolet roof: DeVille/Eldorado coupe ($420).
- Full cabriolet roof: Eldorado/Seville ($995).
- Eldorado Biarritz ($3395).
- Eldorado Touring Coupe ($1975).
- Astroroof ($1225)
- Electronic cruise control ($185).
- Rear defogger w/heated outside mirrors ($165-$215).
- Automatic door locks ($162).
- Remote-locking fuel filler door ($59).
- Garage door opener ($140) except convertible.
- Illuminated entry system ($76)
- Digital instrument cluster: $238).
- Memory driver's seat ($205)
- Six-way passenger seat: ($215-$225).
- Power driver's seat recliner ($115)
- Power passenger seat recliner w/six-way power seat: ($315-$380).
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel ($99).
- Tilt/telescope steering wheel ($184)
- Theft deterrent system ($190).
- Twilight Sentinel ($79).
- Guidematic headlamp control ($93).
- Opera lamps: ($88).
- Trumpet horn ($38)
- Electric remote-control outside mirrors ($101)
- Twin lighted vanity mirrors ($140).
- Electronic-tuning seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio with clock and cassette player ($229)
- Electronic-tuning seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio with cassette and Delco-GM/Bose sound system, ($895).
- Electronic-tuning seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio with CB radio: ($278).
- Triband antenna ($50).
- Two-tone paint: ($345); Firemist, ($465).
- Firemist paint ($235).
- Bodyside molding: Eldorado Touring coupe ($64)
- Door edge guards ($19-$29).
- License frames, each ($14)
- Leather seating area ($515-$680)
- Carpeted rubber floor mats: front ($43- $45); rear ($25)
- Trunk mat ($21)
- Aluminum wheels: ($429).
- Locking wire wheel covers ($315- $394) except limo
- White-letter tires: Eldorado touring coupe ($100).
- Puncture-sealing tires ($135-$180) except limo.
May 12/00; March 8/03
Fully Featured Website Hosting!!!